NORMAN SPINRAD AT LARGE --QUICK MANUAL

            note: you can call up this manual any time via "Search" or Archive."

 What is NORMAN SPINRAD AT LARGE and how does it work? Call it a "blog," call it a "website," call it a combination of that and my Facebook News and Timeline, I'm  creating it all by myself, and still learning as I do.

My Facebook News and Timeline is what it has always been. One posts on "News," it sits there on top for a bit, then sinks down into oblivion while appearing as the latest post on "Timeline" and starts likewise falling down the Timeline to nowwhere.  You can't put it back on top, it's timelined.

On NORMAN SPINRAD AT LARGE, however, I can change the featured opening page to anything on the website whenever I want to and everything I've ever posted is always there and can be moved up to featured opening page up and down however relevant for as long as I want it there.

Not only that, there is a search box on the upper right where you can search for anything by any wording, by post name, by key words in a post, and up it comes.

Much more, there's a kind of little magic box on the upper left. Click on it, and down the lefthand side comes a menu that:

Allows you to:

See an Archive with every post that's ever been on NORMAN SPINRAD AT LARGE arranged by when and go directly there.

Go directly to a complete list of all my books that are listed on Amazon, Amazon's list, where you can buy directly.

Go directly to all my YouTube videos, not only the couple of dozens I created myself, but anything made about me that is made by someone else that is also on YouTube, more than I've yet watched or even known about, which is plenty.

Go directly to my Wikipedia posts in both English and French (and the French is not simply a translation.) Maybe a German, Italian, etc. later. 

But why bother? On the bottom is a setting called TRANSLATE TO OTHER LANGUAGE and a box that says Select Language and an arrow. Click on the arrow and down drops a list of something like 140 languages.  Choose the one you want, and it translates the entire website in about a minute or so. And atop the front page is a little box that takes it back to English.

And this includes any and all stories that I post on NORMAN SPINRAD AT LARGE in English.  Virtually anyone anwhere can read them in an AI translation into their own language.

Well this is about as far as I've gone so far.  More if and when I learn more tricks.  As for my Facebook News and Timeline, they're still a part of the NORMAN SPINRAD AT LARGE totality. Hundreds, mayby even thousands of people see what I post on News, if only briefly, and maybe people who tend to be my "friends" or "followers" can read it on my Timeline and engage with both me and each other in something akin to realtime.

And when I do post something long such as stories  or multimedia or whatever that needs the space of the website or I want to feature again, link to other previous relevent posts, whatever, where anyone can read it in their own language, I will announce it on Facebook with an explanation and a link to NORMAN SPINRAD AT LARGE.

Both iterations of cyberspace have their own uses.

Comments

10 most recent posts

PIRATING THE PIRATES

DONALD TRUMP AGENT OF SATAN

THE ABNORMAL NEW NORMAL

NORMAN SPINRAD AT LARGE launch manifesto

BUG JACK BARRON & THE LAST HURRAH OF THE GOLDEN HORDE

WHAT DOESN'T KILL LOVE MAKES IT STRONGER

EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS SEE THE LIGHT?

DIRECT ACTION CAN DO IT!